I knew I needed a plan going forward if I was ever going to get back to the fitness level I was at in 2014 and the years prior. I felt like I have just been winging it ever since then.
One of the very first running blogs I came across when I started blogging was Road Runner Girl. Her blog is not only an easy read, but I really like the way that she lists her goals for each week in her Weekly Chase posts on Mondays. She gives us a recap of whether or not she met her goals from last week and then she lists her goals for the current week. Some goals will stay the same week-to-week, but others change depending on what she is training for and what is going on in her life. At first, I thought that was a bold move to put your goals out there for everyone to see, but then I realized that it was a great way to hold yourself accountable.
There it is, the definition of accountability in plain English.
- Have I been holding myself accountable for my training? NO
- Have I been making excuses to skip workouts and runs? YES
- Have my excuses been very clever at times? SURE
- When I eat unhealthy food or eat too much food do I avoid documenting it in My Fitness Pal because I don't want to see how those poor choices actually affect me? DEFINITELY
Wow! I think Road Runner Girl was on to something. Somehow writing down the truth is therapeutic because I can't hide it from myself anymore.
So here are my goals for this week. I am sure I will tweak them along the way, but this is where I am going to start:
- Plan meals for the week days (no more winging it)
- Practice Yoga at least once per week (my legs have been so tight which is still affecting my lower back)
- Run at least twice per week (need to run consistently again and stay motivated)
- Foam roll at least once per week (I have take the class through Fleet Feet twice now)
- Attend a boot camp at least once per week
So now we start Week 1 on a #WellnessWednesday. I will check back in next Wednesday to let you know how I did.