I arrived a lot earlier than I needed to and I had already picked up my packet, so I sought out a coffee shop to kill time. Google maps led me to Mississippi Mud Coffee Roasters. Not only did they have coffee on a chilly morning, but the space also doubled as an art gallery, AND they had a real restroom so I could avoid the porta potty lines. If you get a chance, I recommend giving this place a try.
As I crossed Kaufman Park heading back to the start/finish I came across plenty of porta potties, National Guard vehicles and staff, race day packet pick-up and registration, several food trucks, the post race snack tents, as well as several vendors. The area was not crowded at all and it was a breeze getting to the start line. After the National Anthem and some announcements, we were off and running.
- Long sleeve tech shirts
- Great pre-race communication
- Plenty of volunteer support
- The course had some hills, but they weren't the steepest hills downtown
- Friday night packet pick-up or race day packet pick-up
- Plenty of parking available near start/finish
- Post race food included water, chocolate milk, bananas, granola bars
- Food trucks selling food
- Kids Dash and 1 mile run options
- Veterans Day Ceremony and Parade followed shortly after the races