Why you should run this race:
- Proceeds benefit the Special Olympics - Missouri.
- You get to run on a runway at Lambert International Airport!!!
- The course is a large loop, entirely on the runway.
|Waiting to start|
|Runners behind me|
- The pavement is obviously in pristine condition, so no potholes!
- Free off-site parking, and then you are shuttled to/from the airport.
- Tech t-shirts for both the 5k and the plane pull.
- Medals for 5k finishers.
- Post-race food included water, gatorade, granola bars, and bananas.
- Food trucks on site.
- Bounce houses and a bubble bus for kiddos.
- The airport had many of their snow clearing and runway maintenance vehicles on display along the course, which were absolutely massive!
- Various St. Louis Police and Fire Department entities also had their vehicles and equipment on display.