When I hurt my back last Spring, I started doing Yoga at home with videos we could stream through our Roku box. I thought that I wanted to start practicing Yoga at my gym since it was a free class, but I found it difficult to relax and unwind because people around me were coughing, I was too worried about how I looked in poses because everyone else seemed to move much more gracefully, and I could hear other members boxing in the adjacent room. It's all in my own head but I think I will stick to the at-home videos for now so that I feel more comfortable and don't have to wait around for a scheduled class.
Goal three was to run more and I actually ran more this week than I had in a LONG time! I found a great running group through Meetup.com that meets Thursday evenings. The paces range, which is what I was hoping for since I am currently slow. The assistant organizer actually ran with me most of the way, and it made me run faster that I would have made myself run which was the goal of joining a running group. I can't make it every Thursday, but I am planning on going again this week. This weekend was also rare in that I had two races planned, so I ended up running three 5k's this week. I need to stay motivated on weekends and weekdays that I don't have a running group or a race, so that is something that I need to dig a bit deeper into.
Although Goal four was met, it was only because I JUST remembered that I needed to complete it. It needs to become habitual, but I may try to attend another foam rolling class to remind myself why it is so important.
Goal five was to attend at least one boot camp, which I met before the weekend. The plan was actually to have gone to several this week but that didn't happen. Again, I need to set a plan and stick to it as if I were going to be charged a cancellation fee if I don't go.
So for next week, my goals are the same but I am going to tweak how I approach them. I think they were all attainable, so I am not going to decrease or increase anything for now.
- Plan meals for the week days - I was only 50% successful at this, so hopefully week 2 will be better.
- Practice Yoga at least once per week - GOAL MET - I took a 90 minute Yoga class Saturday but found out that practicing at home works better for me, so that is what I will do for week 2.
- Run at least twice per week - GOAL MET - I actually ran three 5k's this week between a new group run and two races.
- Foam roll at least once per week - GOAL MET - I only just completed this goal this morning, so I will still try to be better for Week 2.
- Attend a boot camp at least once per week - GOAL MET
I have another 5k scheduled for this weekend, so you will likely see a race recap before the next #WellnessWednesday. Have a great week and weekend!